Facts about EV’s and Idaho
- As of July 2022, there were 4,508 EV’s registered in Idaho, that’s about 0.2% of all registered Idaho vehicles.
- There are 112 public EV charging stations in Idaho with 275 public charging station ports. Idaho is 42nd in charging station availability among US states.
- The National Electric Vehicles Infrastructure Program (NEVI) will allocate to Idaho nearly $30 million over the next 5 years to build out more level three (fast) charging stations.
- The Idaho’s plan to buildout chargers every 50 miles along Interstates 15, 84, 86, and 90 has been federally approved. Authored by Idaho’s Departments of Transportation (IDOT) and Environmental Quality the plan calls for stations along State routes 1 and 55, and US routes 12, 20, 40, 93, and 95.
- On September 1, 2022, IDOT and the Office of Energy and Mineral Resources announced the awarding of Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE) Program funds to the following entities. Totaling $2.6 million, this concludes availability of the Volkswagen Settlement funding for Idaho.
What is an EV?
Why Drive an EV?
What EV is Right for You?
Frequently Asked Questions
Local and National EV News and Events
Where can you charge an EV in Idaho? Use the Charge Hub and PlugShare maps below to find EV chargers anywhere in Idaho.